Monday, November 16, 2015

Entertaining angels unawares

One time we had a 1994 Ford 12 passenger van.  We had all six kids in the car and were traveling on a long stretch of deserted highway with no houses close in the pitch of night.  The headlights dimmed and shortly thereafter the van died.



  What was I going to do?  We were living by faith, no job, no money, no government assistance.  We had few friends, very few friends.  How was I to fix the van?  I popped the hood and got out, hoping it might be a poor connection on the battery but knowing it probably wasn't.

  Suddenly a ford pickup swooped in off the highway and a young man jumped out with a cowboy hat on.  "You need a battery don't you?" he stated.  "Pull yours out and I've got a brand new one I'll swap with you."  I pulled the battery out, he took mine and gave me his brand new one and without even checking to see if that was the problem or if it would fit, he took off.

  Sure enough, the battery was exactly the battery for the van and it fit.  I installed it, fired up the van and made it home with no problem.

  To this day I often wonder if angels sometimes wear cowboy hats!  Just the fact that he stated it was my problem and then didn't even wait to see if it fit as if he knew exactly what was wrong and that the battery he had was exactly what he needed.  I never saw the man again.

  God is able to supply our needs no matter what!

1 comment: